Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme
CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme) is now an increasingly integral part of applying for tenders. More Local Authorities and Principal Contractors are expecting contractors to be CHAS registered as proof of the adequacy of their health and safety management system.
Fountain Safety Solutions Ltd has a excellent record of successfully assisting contractors to become CHAS accredited.
FSSL have assisted contractors from all sectors e.g. brick work, electrical, floor fitting, CCTV, etc…
We can provide the necessary documented evidence required by CHAS. We will assess your health and safety requirements and what you need to have in place, to obtain CHAS accreditation. We will provide a ‘hands on’ service to help you achieve this goal.
Some of the requirements of CHAS are:
- Health & Safety Policy,
- Written procedures for asbestos exposure, work equipment selection and maintenance, inspection of portable appliances, exposure to hazardous substances. hazards associated with manual handling,
- Details of your access to competent health and safety advice,
- Your training arrangements (evidence),
- Your procedures for checking, auditing and reviewing health and safety performance,
- Workforce consultation,
- Copies of risk assessments leading to a safe method of work,
- Procedures for safe working at height,
- Environmental Policy;
Let us help you achieve CHAS accreditation, send us an enquiry.